Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pull Them Behind You

Today was fantasmical as usual. No homework for once! Oh my golly! (Vote for Annie Jolly - that'll never get old) It's been a normal day, except for the fact that I got a C on my Pre-Calculus test. I guess that's pretty good counting the fact that I was preparing myself for a big fat F. I got higher than some of the pretty smart people in class. Well. I pretty much got average in the class. The average in the class was a C so it's good. Silly old Ryan Baker got an A though. Go figure he's like freaking smart. But what else can you do when you read text books for fun hm?

I don't think anything completely spectacular happened at school today. I handed out my birthday invitations I hope most of the people can come. The more people who can come the more fun it'll be. It's a karaoke party for freshman. What more can you say?

So now you must be wondering about my title. How does that relate? Well okay, maybe you weren't thinking about it, but maybe you are now right? Anyways I took the extra stretch class taught by Garrett (who is an AMAZING teacher just so you know!!) and we did all these bar stretches. It's really funny because not to brag and everything I'm what people call gumbi. I can bend like you can't. Like... we did all these stretches. Most people were on the low bar. Yeah... guess where I was? High bar. But it's funny because sometimes on the high bar I don't even feel anything. Ha. Take that. But that still doesn't tie in our title now does it? Well near the particular end of the class we were doing middle splits, we do this by pretty much opening up our legs in straddle and press them against the wall into your legs are completely at a 180 degree angle and your body is flat against the wall. There's also somebody behind you pushing. So... though it tooke me some minutes (don't give me that much credit, I'm not that flexible) I got to being flat against the wall. Yep, legs straight and all and after a while I could stay in that position nobody had to push me. I did hit my face on the wall once or twice from trying to shift positions because I've got to admit it was somewhat uncomfortable at first but then Garrett comes and says. "You know we better start pulling your legs behind you."
Yeah. That scared me. That would mean my middle splits could beyond 180 degrees.
And that would also mean that I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow. Maybe a week. But it's okay I guess since I do super splits on my right and left splits anyway. I was really sore after that but hey. A stretch. Can't turn one of those things down. So I didn't get my feet pulled farther than 180 degrees thank goodness but who knows about next week. So if you ever see me limping around and ask me what's wrong I'll say middle splits and you'll know mmkay?
Well that's it for now.
Chau friends.

2 Comments:

Rach said...

you still didn't really explain the title :)

Rach said...

oh nevermind I thought you were explaining the title of your blog :)