Sorry everybody. I keep on forgetting to write in this thing. And really, right in the middle night I"ll suddenly wake up and say "Crap. I forgot to write in my blog thing." And then I go back to bed saying I'll do it as soon as possible but then I completely forget until it's the next middle of the night.
So, let's see, the last few days have been fine. Not too much drama. I don't think anything happened really. I'm trying to think... oh yeah.
Yesterday we had a Rachel's Challenge assembly. We had a last year assembly for Year 1: Rachel's Challenge and yesterday was Rachel's Legacy, The Power of One: Year 2. It's really interesting about Rachel and everything and I'm sure the psychologists are like crazy, I would be. Because the days before Rachel died she was writing all these sad poems that she usually didn't and then she drew some crying eyes and a rose (I think?) coming out of the Columbine flower. The eyes were crying 13 tears, and that's how many people who died at the Columbine shooting. It's all pretty amusing. I went to go be apart of the FOR - Friends of Rachel - but it looks like there are already so many people, and they're creating a separate homeroom for it but I'm already in NJHS which is the whole year. It's so complicated so I don't know what to do. We'll see.
Keep these words in mind though:
"The first, second and third impressions can be deceitful of what kind of person someone is. For example, imagine you have just met someone, and you speak with them three times on brief everyday conversations. They come off as harsh, cruel, stubborn and ignorant person. You reach your judgment based on these three encounters. Let me ask you something... did you ever ask them what their goal in life is, what kind of past they came from, did they experience love, did they experience hurt, did you look into their soul and not just at their appearance? Until you know them and not just their "type," you have no right to shun them. You have not looked for their beauty, their good. You have not seen the light in their eyes. Look hard enough and you will always find a light, and you can even help it grow, if you don't walk away from those three impressions first."
-Rachel Joy Scott
It's so just wow isn't it?
I want to write like that.
Amazing.
Peace out. J.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Forgot Once Again --
Posted by Jessie at 6:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Post a Comment